The fall is around the corner. Magic time full of beautiful colours. Always reminds me of evenings with warm slippers and cup of ginger tea, mornings with turmeric latte and afternoons with pumpkin soup.
Awww pumpkin soup. This one must be perfect, creamy, warm, a little bit sweet with a hint of ginger.
My recipe isn’t typical fast pumpkin cream soup, but I swear you’ll fall in love with this creamy soup and for sure you will come back to this delicious treat often. The recipe does not contain dairy products and coconut milk and any other plant milks. And yes it’s 100% vegan! ❤ That’s why I love it.
People say that mostly we like season we were born in. I was born in October and since I remember I love autumn and winter time. I feel that this time is incredibly special. Colours, atmosphere, warm home and short evenings. Cold outside, but air in this time is so magical. Smell of anise, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom…can you smell this? 😉 In fall and winter time is something really beautiful. Think that, all the leafs fall down, then trees are cover by heavy and cold white duvet. To be born again. Isn’t it fantastic, that we are so lucky to be a part of something spectacular like a cycle of nature.
Hey! Autumn is beautiful. Maybe you don’t like it? Well, that depends upon your point of view. You can see only gray days with a lot of rain, dirty shoes and trousers. You can feel cold and sadness….but there is one more option. Think positive. Try to feel it better. The sound of rustling leaves under your feet, the smell of new books, which is the smell of fresh beginnings. The golden autumn glow…and falling leafs which looks like a fairy dust. Think about this 😉
Delicious vegan pumpkin soup .
- 1 peeled butternut squash
- 1/2 big sweet potato
- 1 carrot
- 15g olive oil
- 10g fresh ginger
- 1/2 big onion
- 60g raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp salt plus extra to taste
- 2 pinches ground white pepper
- 3 bay leafs (optional)
- 5 dried allspice berries (optional)
- 3 seeds Sichuan pepper
- 500g water
- 1 tbsp lime/lemon juice
- Place sweet potato into oven and bake 30 minutes in 220°C
- Cut butternut squash into pieces, peel an cut carrot.
- Cut ginger and onion into small pieces.
- Place oil and ginger and onion into high pot and sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, carrot, cashews salt, pepper, Bay leafs, allspice berries, Sichuan pepper, water and cook 20 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, cook 10 minutes.
- Take out Bay leafs, allspice berries, Sichuan pepper.
- Blend soup. Add lemon juice. Mix.
- Serve hot. You can add roasted nuts or seeds on the top.